In Belly Fires, even death can’t kill the flames of passion
In Belly Fires, even death can’t kill the flames of passion, Lieutenant Governor Charlene Ford loses everything in a deadly car crash and nothing feels the same.
One minute, she is at the top of her game as the first African American lesbian lieutenant governor of New York State. The next minute, she is trying to keep a stiff upper lip as she watches the gravediggers bury the two walnut coffins containing her son JJ and her life partner, Regina. Her family is gone. Her world is gone. All she wants is to go away and disappear for a while; to just get lost until the pain in her heart stops. She sneaks away from her security escorts and borrows her chief of staff’s ancient jeep. She and Rusty, her loyal Akita, climb into the old jeep and head for parts unknown.
As she crashes through the guardrail, she struggles to put on the brakes. The jeep’s brakes don’t work. Charlene stops fighting her fate as the car floats in mid-air for a long moment, then tumbles down the mountainside.
The next time Charlene opens her eyes, the pain is tremendous. A handsome woman is standing over her with a knife, then kneels next her. Charlotte wonders if the woman is going to finish the job of ending her life. The pain increases tenfold when she tries to move then everything goes black.
Here are the links for Belly Fire; even death can’t kill the flames of passion:
Amazon’s link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V2FKMEQ
Book trailer: https://youtu.be/EaGu-pvFz8o
Connect with BL Wilson at these links:
Author’s Den: http://www.authorsden.com/blwilson
Smashwords profile page: http://bit.ly/1sUKQYP
Amazon’s Author Page: http://bit.ly/1tY3e27
My blog: http://wilsonbluez.com
Most popular, Worth a look, Must read, Related posts, What the experts say, Q & A
- Patchwork Blues Press is releasing, BUILDINGS, an African American lesbian love story on All Heart’s day, February 14 - 4,296 views
- Book: Sinkholes – Part One – love always finds a way by B.L. Wilson - 2,979 views
- HELP A SISTAH OUT! PRE-ORDER TODAY. LOVE STORIES FOR WOMEN OF COLOR ABOUT WOMEN OF COLOR BY A WOMAN OF COLOR. - 2,856 views
- Patchwork Blues Press is releasing an erotic novel, SECOND CHANCES, with African American lesbians as main characters on All Heart’s day, February 14 - 2,698 views
- IN HONOR OF THE WOMEN’S USA SOCCER TEAM: BOOKS, BALLS & DOGS IS A LOVE STORY ABOUT A SOCCER COACH AND A LIBRARIAN. PRE-ORDER now; Release date on 8/10/15. - 2,597 views
- Sinkholes – Part Two – love always finds a way by B.L. Wilson - 2,370 views