I was reviewing some old posts and found this one from two years ago. I believe it is still appropriate for today’s times too. It’s simple. Sometimes less complicated is the best way to go.
My sister sent me this message several months ago, when I was feeling low down and abit helpless. I loved it so much I decided to pass it on. Thanks Sis.
My only comment, I would add some additional suggestions to Number 9. If you can’t show up and be counted because of limitations, you can still do something. Call your representatives like I did or email them or write to them like I did. All of that works too. The point is to do something positive. Don’t stay in your own little bubble world and complain about how bad things are if you aren’t willing to do more than complain. Read the rest of the advice below. It needs no further explanation
From a friend’s page. Sound advice for the times. This is also going around and for good
- Don’t use his name.
- Remember this is a regime and he’s not acting alone.
- Do not belittle those who support him–it doesn’t work.
- Focus on his policies, not his orange-ness or his toupee.
- Keep your message positive; they want the country to be angry and fearful because this is the soil from which their darkest policies will grow.
- No more helpless/hopeless talk.
- Support artists and the arts.
- Be careful not to spread fake news. Check it.
- Show up and be counted.
- Gather & organize.
- Take care of yourselves.
Remember it’s never too late to RESIST, ENLIST, INSIST, & PERSIST.
Thanks for reading
Connect with BL Wilson at these links:
Facebook Business Page: https://www.facebook.com/patchworkbluezpress
Smashwords profile page: http://bit.ly/1sUKQYP
Amazon’s Author Page: http://bit.ly/1tY3e27